A term for the cosmology of the Six Realms, particularly when portrayed iconographically, in which beings subject to the Cycle of Transmigration are reborn again and again into one of the Six Realms of existence based on their past actions. Alt: Wheel of Samsara.« Back to Glossary Index
Or Make a One-Time Donation
Subscribe via email to receive notifications of new posts:
- 119 – Brightening the Mind: Refusing to be Tyrannized by Negative States
- Facing Extinction 1: A Personal Journal (Nov 3-9, 2019)
- 118 – Buddha’s Teachings 15: Nibbana (Nirvana) as the Ultimate Goal
- 117 – Clarifying the Mind Ground According to Keizan’s “Zazen-Yojinki”
- 116 – Do You Need a Zen or Buddhist Teacher?