Demigod in the cosmology of the Six Realms of Existence; in Sanskrit, sura means “god” and the prefix a implies a negative, so an asura is a non-god. Beings in the asura realm can see into heaven and are consumed with envy for what they do not have, even though on the Wheel of Life they are relatively fortunate.« Back to Glossary Index
Subscribe via email to receive notifications of new posts:
- 2019-03-15 Off-Week Book Review: Why Buddhism Is True
- 92 – Buddha’s Teachings 11: The Five Hindrances – Part 1
- 91 – Unethical Buddhist Teachers: Were They Ever Really Enlightened?
- 90 – Buddhist History 11: Early Indian Buddhism – Stupas and Devotional Practice – Part 2
- 89 – Buddhist Practice as a Lifelong Path of Growth and Transformation