A traditional Buddhist (or Hindu) ritual considered to be an especially effective – and potentially risky – tool for spiritual insight or development, which is why tantra is also considered to be esoteric (that is, intended to be taught to a relatively small number of specialists and used under carefully prescribed conditions). Contrary to popular perception, only a small fraction of tantras include any sexual activity, and these are considered appropriate only for extremely advanced practitioners.« Back to Glossary Index
Subscribe via email to receive notifications of new posts:
- 2019-03-15 Off-Week Book Review: Why Buddhism Is True
- 92 – Buddha’s Teachings 11: The Five Hindrances – Part 1
- 91 – Unethical Buddhist Teachers: Were They Ever Really Enlightened?
- 90 – Buddhist History 11: Early Indian Buddhism – Stupas and Devotional Practice – Part 2
- 89 – Buddhist Practice as a Lifelong Path of Growth and Transformation