A traditional Buddhist (or Hindu) ritual considered to be an especially effective – and potentially risky – tool for spiritual insight or development, which is why tantra is also considered to be esoteric (that is, intended to be taught to a relatively small number of specialists and used under carefully prescribed conditions). Contrary to popular perception, only a small fraction of tantras include any sexual activity, and these are considered appropriate only for extremely advanced practitioners.« Back to Glossary Index
Subscribe to Podcast via Email:
- 61 – Taking Refuge and Precepts: The Significance of Becoming a Buddhist – Part 2
- 60 – Taking Refuge and Precepts: The Significance of Becoming a Buddhist – Part 1
- 59 – Buddha’s Teachings Part 6: The Three Poisons as the Root of All Evil
- 58 – Dogen’s Bendowa Part 2: Inconceivable Dharma, Practice, and Realization
- 57 – Dogen’s Bendowa Part 1: What’s the Big Deal about Zazen?