Chinese Chan master (1091-1157) and author, famous for his teachings about the practice of silent illumination, a themeless approach to zazen (seated meditation) often contrasted with the koan study of Linji/Rinzai Chan/Zen.« Back to Glossary Index
Subscribe via email to receive notifications of new posts:
- 2019-03-15 Off-Week Book Review: Why Buddhism Is True
- 92 – Buddha’s Teachings 11: The Five Hindrances – Part 1
- 91 – Unethical Buddhist Teachers: Were They Ever Really Enlightened?
- 90 – Buddhist History 11: Early Indian Buddhism – Stupas and Devotional Practice – Part 2
- 89 – Buddhist Practice as a Lifelong Path of Growth and Transformation