Eihei Dogen (1200-1253) – Considered the founder of Soto Zen Buddhism in Japan, Dogen traveled to China to study Zen and ended up receiving transmission in the Cao-Dong lineage of Zen. A prolific writer whose teachings have become widely studied only in the last century.« Back to Glossary Index
Subscribe via email to receive notifications of new posts:
- 103 – Twelve Pali Canon Suttas Every Buddhist Should Know – Part 3
- 102 – Nine Fields of Zen Practice 3: Nyoho, Karma Work, and Bodhisattva Activity
- 101 – The Koan of Awakening: Do You Know the Essential Truth Yet, Or Not?
- 100 – Twelve Pali Canon Suttas Every Buddhist Should Know – Part 2
- 99 – Nine Fields of Zen Practice: A Framework for Letting Practice Permeate Your Life – Part 2