I review Robert Wright’s Why Buddhism Is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment. While it’s not necessary to know the “why” of things in order for Buddhist practice to be effective (and it can actually be a distraction), sometimes it can help us gain additional freedom from our subjective experiences.
Subscribe via email to receive notifications of new posts:
- 106 – Dogen’s “Four Ways Bodhisattvas Embrace Living Beings” – Part 2 – Giving
- 105 – Dogen’s Shishobo: The Four Ways Bodhisattvas Embrace Living Beings – Part 1
- 104 – Buddhists: It’s Time to Address the Climate Emergency
- 103 – Twelve Pali Canon Suttas Every Buddhist Should Know – Part 3
- 102 – Nine Fields of Zen Practice 3: Nyoho, Karma Work, and Bodhisattva Activity